There are a lot of misconceptions about the vibrant city, Dubai. But you are not aware of how great it actually is. It is definitely a place that meets up your expectations and it is not like any other city you would have visited before. Yeah, sure there are many strict laws but you will feel safe here than any other city. It is a very convenient and easy city to explore and it seems like it was designed for the very purpose of being safe. You won’t feel out of the place whether you are an ex-pat, tourist or a local. So if you are planning to visit this beautiful modern city then here are some tips to keep in mind if you are going there as a female solo traveler.
RESPECT THE LAWS AND CUSTOMS
Whenever you visit any country, it is considered as a good-mannered nature if you adhere to their rules and laws. Dubai is no exception. It is one of the cities of the United Arab Emirates that makes up around 70% of the entire population and ex-pats are the most of them. Below we have shared some important tips to follow while you visit Dubai-
- Know the right places to drink alcohol- First of all, alcohol is ridiculously expensive in Dubai and it is not something you can have in public. Still, if you are want to have it, there are many private clubs and hotels that serve them.
- Dress modestly- There is no norm that you have to be all covered in Dubai. You dress up pretty much like any other country while in the city. A dress, skirt, jeans can be a good option. Just try to dress as modestly as possible. By this, we mean that your skirts and dresses should not be too short and revealing. No doubt, they are quite open-minded but as visitors, it is our duty to respect their traditions and culture.
- Taking pictures of locals is prohibited- Don’t take the pictures of the locals without their permission. There might be a chance that it will offend them, so be cautious.
GETTING AROUND DUBAI AS A SOLO FEMALE
It is very safe and convenient to navigate the city through ultra-modern and highly efficient Dubai metro trains. A plus-factor is that they have a separate carriage for women and children. It is quite easy and cheap to travel through this mode of transportation and even the map has simple English. So everything is quite straightforward. There are even customer service counters to help you out in case you have any doubts whatsoever.
Another great advantage is that they have covered almost all the places that are popular in Dubai. They include the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall. You even take the taxis if they are not accessible through the metro. There is even a facility of ” female-only” taxi for your ease and comfort.
WHAT TO DO IN DUBAI
You can have so much fun in Dubai that you will remember it throughout your life. To help you in getting such a memorable experience, we are listing the best attractions you can consider visiting.
- Explore the Old Deira
- Visit the Souq Madinat Jumeirah
- Experience the desert safari
- Get to the top of Burj Khalifa
- Snowboard at Ski Duba
- Go to Dubai Miracle Garden
BEST TIME TO VISIT DUBAI
It is really important to know which would be the best time to visit Dubai. As it is located in the Northern Desert Belt so it can be sometimes difficult to bear the scorching heat sometimes. So we suggest you visit it in the months of November till March. It gets a bit cold in December but is definitely better than the hot months of the place. Even the accommodation is quite expensive during winter. However, it is the perfect time to visit solo or with your family and friends.